Automatic time sync before connecting to Tor in automatic mode
rewrite curl client so that it accepts certificates valid in the future, as per Mitigate attack by active network adversary on ... (#18830 - closed)
compile the Go client, aka
avoid races between Tor Connection and
tails-get-network-time(done, please review)
make sure there is a timeout to
check that even if it fails, the connection to Tor must be attempted
- review the new UI. In particular:
- there is no indication to the user that "syncing our clock" failed
- progress bar doesn't account for "syncing our clock"
test again in Bullseye
Note for the reviewers:
double-check, in debug.log,
[check_tor_leaks]: they should match what you expect
Warning: these queries were allowed but not needed:. This should never happen.
- to allow for easy testing, I use
httpbin.orgin the test suite. Do we think this is a problem? I don't think so, because:
- even if this is some form of lock-in, that application is free software, apparently well-packaged, so we could even run our own instance.
- in terms of reliability... let's see how it fares!