Review Weblate's translation workflow (and its integration with Git repos) and its relation with the main repo
For the integration of the Translation Platform with the main website, we originally wanted that:
* Anyone can suggest.
* Logged in users can vote on suggestions.
* Most voted suggestions would appear in the staging website.
* Reviewers can accept translations.
* Accepted translations appear in the main website automatically.
A thorough evaluation of Weblate’s translations workflow and its use of Git repos was made when the Translation Platform was first setup, but Weblate’s workflow has changed since then. The version of Weblate in Translation Platform was upgraded, but not to latest. So it is currently not clear how this behavior maps to Weblate workflow:
* Which of the possible states of strings (Needs editing, Waiting for
review, Approved) gets committed to the repo?
* Which of these states gets committed but is marked as fuzzy?
* Is the current behavior of Weblate 3.5.1 (version installed in Translation Platform) the same as latest? That is: can we fix in current version and then upgrade, or do we have to upgrade first?
These things make a difference when integrating Weblate with the main Tails repository.