Rephrase "Can I use Tails with a VPN?"
The short answer is “no” but you have to read tons of text to get that short answer from our FAQ:
This is probably one of the top FAQ (and it’s here to stay) so I think it deservers a bit more attention. The whole section should be rewritten to follow “writing for the web” principles, be succint and favor scannability. For example, by putting the most important information first and the details next (“inverted pyramid”).
In this case, we should explain:
- First and foremost that it’s not possible (in any of the three cases).
- Then the three different cases.
- Then for each case
- Restate why it’s not possible
- If it might be in the future (relevant use cases)
- If we want to support this in the future, point to other relevant documents.
Also refer to other guidelines for writing documentation for Tails: https://tails.boum.org/contribute/how/documentation/guidelines/ (and ask or tell us what needs improvements in these guidelines).