Help Tails users on Mac access right-click menus
Now that I’m a Tails user on Mac (haha!) I realize that I don’t know how to do right-click from Tails on Mac.
We are documenting right-click in several places in our documentation:
- To unlock a VeraCrypt file container (upcoming)
- To verify a Tails image from Tails using OpenPGP
- To calculate checksums of files using GtkHash
- To securely delete files
In macOS I can do Ctrl+click to do right click but on Tails it doesn’t work.
I think at some point I found online an very obscure key combination that’s supposed to work on Linux but since two days I’ve looked for it again and can’t find it again. I bet most of our users won’t find it either.
So my questions are:
- To other Tails users on Mac: how do you do right-click in Tails? Then we should at least make this information easy to find in our documentation.
- To devs: could we consider making Ctrl+click do a right-click in Tails?
NB: Asking people to use an external mouse or avoid right-clicking is not an acceptable option.
Feature Branch: doc/15718-right-click-on-mac
- Blocks #16711 (closed)