Consider replacing GNOME Videos by VLC
I would like, since a long time, to see vlc included in Tails.
Here are the main reasons why:
- vlc handles subtitles a better way. For example, it’s not possible with totem to re-synchro subtitles.
- some videos that are not browsable with totem and are only working with vlc
- see also the request #7923 (closed) by johnsmith (btw, thank you johnsmith, I was thinking to request vlc since a long time)
- vlc answers the requierements listed in the FAQ
- vlc is powerfull and well known by common users, which is good for Tails usuability
- One could use package persitence. But it’s not so secure to activate and leave the persistence opened just for friends who want to watch a movie.
- vlc comes with some network features, but AFAIK, Tails does not use
transparent proxy anymore, so connections should be blocked.
- vlc requires 57,0 Mo once installed, even with the option —no-install-recommends
Thank you for considering this request,
all the best