Fix memory wipe with recent kernel
See Shutdown stopped working in nightly experimental? and Fix sdmem on Intel graphic hardware, please review threads on tails-dev.
Not better with the following (one change at a time) attempts:
- Linux 3.12 (3.12-1~exp1) from Debian experimental
- Linux 3.12.3 (3.12.3-1~exp1) from Debian experimental
- Linux 3.12.6 (3.12.6-1) from Debian unstable
- Linux 3.13-rc6 (3.13~rc6-1~exp1) from Debian experimental
- kexec-tools 2.0.4-1
- initramfs-tools 0.114
This might be the same problem as:
- reported by Dave Young on LKML
Something that could be worth giving a try is booting with KMS disabled. If this works, then we may narrow it down to a graphics driver issue.
Feature Branch: feature/disable-mei