Document how to install new software
Originally created by Tails on #5685 (Redmine)
- Tails includes a coherent but limited set of applications. More applications can be installed as on any Debian installation.
- Since Tails is amnesic they need to be reinstalled for each working session unless you use the “Additional software” persistence feature. See remember installed packages (#5551 (closed)).
- Document better the APT and additional software features of the persistence.
- Look for external documentation about Synaptic.
- Discuss if we should include other ways of installing packages (software-center?).
- Has duplicate #8392 (closed)