Have seahorse-nautilus fully replace seahorse-plugins
Originally created by Tails on #5516 (Redmine)
Squeeze’s seahorse-plugins provided a variety of features that have disappeared in Wheezy.
Some of these features come back by installing a backport of seahorse-nautilus (currently in Jessie). For the other features (still missing in seahorse-nautilus 3.8.0), a newer upstream version, and a few other backports, are needed.
What is missing (blockers)
What could be improved
- "Open with Decrypt File" or double-click managed to open an armored message with symmetric encryption
- When decrypting such a message, a first dialog with "Encryption passphrase" appears, followed by another dialog "Decrypting" which takes away the focus from the passphrase dialog. That’s annoying.
Other missing features (non-blockers)
… that are not regressions, and thus not blockers for Tails 1.1:
- Symmetric encryption: #6607 (closed)
Support for multiple identities
- There is a "Sign as" drop list when signing
- There is a menu item "Encrypt…" below "Compress…"
- Double-click on the file also works
- The key selection window is a bit tiny by default. It really looks like the one from GPG Applet. But this one doesn’t have the "Trust" column.
- Encryption works: it creates a file with .pgp extension
- There is a menu item "Sign" below "Encrypt…"
- Works: creates a detached signature with .sig extension
- It is also possible to sign while doing asymmetric encryption
- Works: the menu item is on top of the list "Open with Decrypt file"
- Asks where to save the file
Feature Branch: feature/6608-OpenPGP-signature-verification-in-Nautilus
Parent Task: #6015 (closed)
- Related to #6607 (closed)