Sponsor 3, O3.5 - Analyze user research pain points findings and design initial solutions to usability challenges
During this Activity, we will take the feedback collected in Activity 3.4 and begin to categorize user pain points, identify common challenges, and develop user personas. We use the human-centered design process and tools like the Persona Builder from OKThanks to synthesize research and create a tool that developers, UX professionals, communications staff, and trainers can use to quickly communicate about and understand the needs and goals of users. Using the analysis and personas, the UX and engineering teams of the Tor Project, Tails, and Guardian Project will explore potential solutions to these problems and develop these solutions into prototypes for Tor Browser, Tails, Onion Browser, and Orbot. These prototypes will be tested and validated when we return to target countries in Activity 3.6.
- 3.5.1: Review and analyze user feedback; identify common challenges; and create specific, localized personas and user stories.
- Organize usability test results and user feedback using affinity mapping and other relevant techniques.
- Analyze results for each digital security tool and identify common challenges.
- Consolidate feedback into personas and user stories to represent target populations.
- 3.5.2: UX and engineering teams explore potential solutions and develop prototypes.
- Propose solutions to usability issues and evaluate technical feasibility of proposed solutions.
- Iterate on designs based on evaluation.
- Develop mockups and/or prototype solutions.