Explain that some applications may need torsocks to work in Tails
Still on my drive to help users help themselves, another consults we get from newbie users is (in general terms)
- I have downloaded $app from Debian
- I get an error of cannot connect
I am not sure if adding it to the FAQ, or to the Additional software page, but a mention about torsocks and how to use it could save helpdesk some time in consults.
I can forward a report about this from Nov 11th if needed.
My answer is more or less:
- Some applications need extra configuration to work with Tor
- Try running it with torsocks in terminal with
- You may leak your IP, it has not been tested, etc