too difficult to find bug tracker through website
it took more time than it should have to locate the tails bug tracker.
please improve the website to make finding it easier.
my experience was something like this:
1) i started with trying the “support” () and “contributing” () pages.
2) the “support” page has a section titled “Check if the problem is already known” which would probably be better as “Reporting problems”.
3) the first link under it was “list of known issues” which i tried in case it led to the bug tracker, which it did not (but i’ve no problem with this).
4) the second link was “list of things that will be in the next release” which clearly was not what i was after.
5) the third and final link “rest of our open tickets on Redmine” just did not catch my eye as being related to reporting bugs, and i moved away to the “contributing” page.
6) on the “contributing” page, the link “Report bugs” quickly caught my eye, taking me to a page titled “report an error” ().
7) skimming through that page i saw:
- again a link to “known issues” which is not a bug tracker
- a link to “list of things that will be fixed or improved in the next release” which was not what i was after
- info on writing a good report
- info on reporting via whisperback
- a small section titled “if you cannot use whisperback” with a link to help you email in a report
- info on reproducing bugs in debian
8) and so i’d reached a deadend… i was starting to think that there was no public bug tracker.
9) so somehow (i think through a google search) i land on a page titled “bugs” () which states “We don’t use this section anymore, see Redmine instead.”, with a link to a page titled “redmine”. as someone new to this i had no idea what the hell “redmine” was. why does the page not simply state that you use “redmine” for bug tracking? that would have been clear.
10) anyway, so i happened to click on the link () to explore it just in case. this took me to a page titled “redmine”, which starts off stating “Tails tasks are managed in a Redmine project.” exploring this page, i saw a section talking about submitting a ticket via email… i was lost.
11) eventually i went back to the top of that page and clicked the “redmine project” link to explore that, to discover that this “redmine” thing is in fact the bug tracker, and so FINALLY found what i was looking for.
it took far too much time and effort to locate.
i am not at all impressed. :/