Remove our predefined bookmarks
I see in Tails 3.9 the following bookmarks embedded in Tails:
Now that we have good support for bookmarks in Persistence, I think we should review this list.
- I don’t think it should be a place to link the email providers our team historically liked the most.
- I don’t think that the Tor stack exchange is an official support channel anymore.
We’d be left with:
Going a bit futher:
- Searching for “Tails” or “Tor Project” in the URL bar points you to https://tails.boum.org/ and https://www.torproject.org/. I think that’s what the majority of our users will do instead of looking for it in the bookmark menu.
- Our documentation is already linked from the desktop and the Applications menu.
So if we want, I don’t think we would miss much by getting rid of this file completely. It’s a SQL dump that seems painful to maintain, so that might be a good move.
Feature Branch: feature/15895-remove-custom-bookmarks+force-all-tests
- Related to #5870 (closed)