Confusing UX due to Additional Software configuration GUI not refreshing packages list
Steps to reproduce:
- Start “Additional Software” from the apps menu
- The list is empty so I follow the instructions, click on the Synaptic “link” in the window to add packages.
- In Synaptic I install a package
- I get asked whether I want that package to be installed automatically when I start Tails, and I say yay!
- I close Synaptic and I’m thus back in the “Additional Software” window which is back on top. But the list in there is still empty: my newly added package is not listed and I wonder if the operation has failed.
- I verify that the package was correctly added to
I think step 5 is confusing: after completing the operation (adding a package to my ASP as instructed) I would expect the window that told me to do so to give me up-to-date info. I suspect the same problem exists even if the list is not empty to start with.
Parent Task: #14594 (closed)