Consider migrating from Tor Launcher to anon-connection-wizard
To get anon-connection-wizard ready to replace Tor-launcher in Tails,
1. remove all the Whonix-specific part of the acw (Patrick has helped to remove most of the Whonix-specific code of the anon-connection-wizard).
2. make acw translatable by gettext.
3. figure out how torrc is used in Tails.
For problem 3, it turns out:
- it is preferred to let amnesia, rather than root, modify the torrc
(https://github.com/micahflee/securedrop-torrc is a workaround to
- it is actually preferred to let anon-connection-wizard to memorize
the bridges and proxy settings if the user decided to use persistent
storage.(this may be a complex situation because if we started the
anon-connection-wizard before user decrypts the persistent storage,
there will be no previous settings available for users)