X.Org does not start with some NVidia Maxwell and Pascal graphic cards
Whoever is affected, please try https://nightly.tails.boum.org/build_Tails_ISO_bugfix-15116-newer-nouveau-xorg-driver/lastSuccessful/archive/build-artifacts/ and report back.
The original bug report was about GeForce GTX 970M.
a user reported that that Tails doesn’t start in normal mode on that computer (skylake inside : https://www.zotac.com/gb/product/mini_pcs/nen-steam-machine) with this error :
ACPI Error: [\SB.PCI0.XHC_.RHUB.HS11] Namespace lookup failure, AE_NOT_FOUND (20170531/dswload-210)
ACPI Exception: AE_NOT_FOUND, During name lookup/catalog (20170531/psobject-252)
ACPI Exception: AE_NOT_FOUND, (SSDT:xh_rvp10) while loading table (20170531/tbxfload-228)
ACPI Error: 1 table load failures, 7 successful (20170531/tbxfload-246)
Ubuntu 16.04 and debian-live 9.3 are booting fine on this computer
the USB stick was installed with Tails installer on ubuntu and works fine on other computers.
- Related to #11831 (closed)
- Related to #12438 (closed)
- Related to #14910 (closed)
- Related to #15833 (closed)
- Related to #16764 (closed)
- Related to #16714
- Related to #16755 (closed)
- Blocked by #15132 (closed)
- Blocked by #15270 (closed)
- Blocked by #15372 (closed)
- Blocked by #15472 (closed)
- Blocked by #15622 (closed)