Upgrade to Thunderbird 60
See https://wiki.mozilla.org/Thunderbird/Add-ons_Guide_57: legacy add-ons are still supported but may require adjustments as many interfaces are being removed in Thunderbird 57, 58 and 59.
The next ESR will be Thunderbird 60, which we’ll probably have to upgrade to in Tails 3.9 because it’ll be the only way for us to get Thunderbird security updates from Debian.
- Torbirdy 0.2.5 is marked as compatible with Thunderbird up to 60.0: https://gitweb.torproject.org/torbirdy.git/tree/install.rdf?h=0.2.5, https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/torbirdy/
- Enigmail 2.0.1 is marked as compatible with Thunderbird up to 60.0: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/enigmail/
Rough upstream timeline:
- done: release 60.0b9 to fix https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=394322
- done (July 10): release 52.9.1 for security updates that were not ready for 52.8.0 (52.9 was messed up and won’t be released)
- done (July 10): release 60.0b10
- release 60.0 for manual updates only (probably in July)
- release 60.1.0 and 52.9.0 (July)
- release 60.2.0 and end of life for 52 (September)
Feature Branch: kibi:feature/15091-thunderbird-60, icedove:feature/15091-thunderbird-60