Tor still sometimes fails to bootstrap in the test suite
It’s been noticed while reviewing Jenkins test suite runs failure in June (#12289 (closed)) that the TorBootstrapFailure exception still happens sometimes.
There are 3 possible reasons to it, I think: a) chutney/tor sometimes feels stupid; or b) our test suite sometimes fails to manage chutney properly; or c) some unrelated event on the system prevents them from doing their job.
Next steps to investigate this would be to:
1. look at the test suite debug log and
* double-check there’s no explanation for the tor bootstrap failure (that’s about (a) and (b))
* record the exact times when things went wrong
2. ensure we save the tor log from the Tails system when this happens, so we can see if that tor is stupid (a)
3. make the Journal persistent on isotesters so we can try to correlate such failures with system events ©.
Parent Task: #10288 (closed)