Update doc for Tails Installer in Debian Stretch
Synaptic now uses
software-properties-gtk for managing apt sources
(the other parts of Synaptic remained the same).
See the attached screenshots for the workflow. Basically it is:
- Make sure that you are connected to the Internet.
- Start Synaptic package manager.
- Choose Settings ▸ Repositories.
- In the “Software & Updates” dialog, click on the tab “Other Software”.
- Click on the button “Add…”.
- Copy & paste the following to the field “APT line”: deb http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/ jessie-backports main
- Confirm by clicking on “Add Source”.
- Click on the button “Close”.
Now it’s the same procedure as it’s in Jessie:
- In the confirmation dialog, click Reload and wait for the download of the package information to finish.
The remaining steps are the same as before, this is also the case for
everything that is done with the Tails Installer.
I’m not (yet) familiar with the organization of the backports repository, so far it’s needed to use “
jessie-backports” (I don’t know
tails-installer will be in
stretch-backports, neither when the
repo will be available itself).
Parent Task: #11916 (closed)
- Is duplicate of #11110 (closed)