Support running multiple instances of the test suite in parallel
Originally created by @intrigeri on #9486 (Redmine)
Make sure our infrastructure can cope with running more tests, and run multiple instances of the test suite in parallel, which will follow from automation.
This may imply:
- to set up more test VMs (as a follow-up on #6564 (closed));
- to adjust the Puppet module (already created via #5683 (closed)) and manifests to support multiple parallel test runners;
- to design and implement a way to fire up a clean test runner VM before each test suite run.
Parent Task: #5288 (closed)
- Related to tails#10117 (closed)
- Related to #10601 (closed)
- Related to #11295 (closed)
Blocked by #9645 (closed)
To upload designs, you'll need to enable LFS and have an admin enable hashed storage. More information