Update Jenkins core and plugins: 2021Q4 edition
Last time: #17799 (closed)
- Create a list of plugins actively/directly used by Tails (see: #17799 (comment 173701)).
- Go through the changelog, paying attention to changes on how agents connect to controller, config changes that may need update, important changes in plugins, etc.
- Take note of currently running builds before restarting Jenkins
Update Jenkins in
Update plugins in
- Deploy changes.
- Restart all agents.
Manually run the Update jobs script (may be needed so XML is valid with current Jenkins):
sudo -u jenkins /usr/local/sbin/deploy_jenkins_jobs update`
- Go through warnings in Jenkins interface.
- Manually remove removed plugins or fix Puppet code to do this automatically.
- Check whether we can turn on "Agent to master security subsystem"
- Restart builds that were interrupted by Jenkins restart
- Schedule next update.
To upload designs, you'll need to enable LFS and have an admin enable hashed storage. More information