Firefox is still dangerous - Bloatware
Originally created by @Tails-Beta on #12165 (Redmine)
Please discuss with non Mozilla paid people , if its not better
to install firefox with less standard config and better privacy settings
or prepare other Builds with other browsers which use less RAM ,too.
Firefox has some good features, but when you look back to version 1
in 2003 (?) the code was 1 MB and was running fine.
And with nearly the same “options” , so in many years the options menue was not really made better,
but it had only much bugs and made maximum confusion/desinformation for 97% of all users
who dont know all the configs and background features.!
Because a goog software will bring the Help/Info on the desktop.
But Mozilla does all for maximal desinformation whats going on in the background!
and that very very bad and unfair!
This has nothing to do with the idea of open source and transparancy.!
Mozilla hates the EU “Opt-in” Law, because they want as much data as
they can get.
Therefore they work with many third parties who collect more and more data.
Of course many knew the bad things from WOT App…And there are many other apps which sniff data
and do not what they tell you!
E.g Ad Block PLus .
Its very frustrating that Tails used this App and the discussion was over one year!
Its very bad, that the deinstallation of Ad Block does not work,and that people write here , that
there is no time for support or a deinstall with root !!?
Its very bad , that settings of browser cannot be safed correctly and some other app problems in Tails..
Mozilla will not change all the opt-in options ,until they are brought
And this will come soon , if they will not learn, that there are already existing laws for better privacy.!
The only solution is to make explicit software for EU / US Areas.
Mixed is not allowed anymore.
You all must read the LAW before you release software!
So many times Tails is like a beginning of a Beta ,as Mozilla all three
months releases a new
beta (they say stable) with many new bugs…
And I promise you this will never end , if the community will not change this!
And of course the Sponsors must be cut off… Google and other data collectors!
And if Tails Delevopers will not opt-in then all work is for noting good!
So that you understand this, search for “firefox bloatware” or else…
A good info site is https://wiki.kairaven.de/open/os/linux/mailsystem
And that Tails Team does not check a NSA Partner a little bit better is
Because there are even things which Mozilla writes for better anonymous settings in firefox.
Alls this is not done in Tails!
The sync and all other services are “true” and make many connections which are not necessary
And asking Mozilla is a big trouble too.They will not answer where the
data goes and what
is saved from each IP.
This shit must be stopped now.!
I will not trust Mozilla anymore and what they do is just a playing around!!
Even Debian maintainer of firefox are not very lucky to tell about firefox
security and big data ! You can ask carsten schoenert from debian ,what he knows and not!
To Do :
- build or buy a new browser in a store ( not play store!) ;-) and fix it to stable and secure.
- dont use any app-net-pdf-tools in the browser , which people dont need (user seperate builds for this )
- make more builds even from tails , with less size ( eg. delete office or other tools )
- until this , fix the file handling (pdf open) on firefox ,it cant be saved.
- stop all http connection form any app in Tails at once from start .
Normally a NTP server is not needed.(still in 2.9?)
- delete all http connection in about:config , reports , safebrowsing ,updates etc…
- add more email clients in the relaese ,as icedove is not secure
and now built in cookie support! really shit !
(check if you not must use “thunderbird” name like in debian….?)
- the -install “debian-keyring” does not work.
- there are missing sha256sums for iso files,what is standard in every linux
- the changes of debian 8 can be better documented and other settings…
- test suse linux for tails , as it has less bugs since years!
- test BSD as it has MUCH MORE LESS!!! bugs since years!
- test a debian small system or a smaller faster linux perhaps for
(As I can tell you Android will also never be safe in future !! just
forget ist !
THis week comes a horrible bbug list ,that even MMS Messages can hack your Android!
You think this was a mistake ? Forget it !)
For alle Bug-readers: Spend to Tails, as i Believe they will do good things !