This page contains research on possible roadmaps. It is not highly relevant anymore.
- DONE Decide what DM and language / UI toolkit we will use for the greeter in Wheezy
- DONE Adapt following plans accordingly
- DONE Gather more input from people who have strong opinions about the t-g UX: the idea is to encourage work on the greeter by bringing early positive input rather than late negative feedback. This should happen in the dedicated thread.
- DONE Clarify specifications (see the design rationale phase1) 0. DONE research a bit the pending questions 0. DONE raise these topics for discussion among Tails developers
- DONE Implement plan A or plan B. Incremental UI changes (plan 1) was choosen
- Update documentation
- Send software and documentation for translation on tails-l10n
Plan A - incremental UI changes
The idea is to draft a new possible version first, and then we can decide whether we want to ship it right away, or create other options and benchmark them through a full-blown usability study. Alan committed to lots of things in this plan, but not to any deadline.
- DONE Ask for ideas
- DONE Propose one or several prototypes
- DONE Make some testing happen by various kinds of users
- DONE Extract something useful from the result
- Implement the chosen proposal in a dedicated branch of the greeter repo
Plan B - full UI rewrite with usability study
- Design and sketch prototypes
- Organize a usability study
- Implement the winner idea